Friction Game Review - July 2018 - by Ericca M.


What’s up game fans? We’re back with another Friction Game Review for the month of July. Are you excited? Because I always am when I get ready to write one of these.

Y’all know that every now and then I like to switch things up and talk about games that exist outside of the typical console realm. This month, I’d like to share a game with you guys that’s exclusive to mobile platforms. Choices: Stories You Play is available for download on the App Store as well as Google Play.

Choices was introduced to the world back in 2014. Pixelberry Studios founders decided that they wanted to create ‘games with heart.’ This resulted in the creation of multiple games where the choices the player makes changes the storyline. And y’all know how much I love decision based game play.

I started off playing ‘The Freshman’ which is one of many stories available in the Choices app. My first impression of the game was that it was awesome. I liked the fact that every choice I made effected everyone around me, much like the decisions we make in real life. My character fell in love with another girl, had sex with said girl, and did everything in her power to make sure that her friends were happy and prospering. The game takes you through four years of college, by way of chapter books. You choose which decisions you want to make in each chapter. I started playing The Freshman back in 2016 and as of today, I am currently playing part 3, The Junior. Call me obsessed, I don’t care.

Recently, I’ve started playing another Choices game called Bloodbound. This one is a vampire story and anybody who knows me knows how much I love vampire movies and television shows. Needless to say I’m a huge fan of the game already. Picture a mix between Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight...that’s what Bloodbound is. I’m playing a young black woman who gets a job working at Raines Corporation for the handsome and very wealthy vampire, Adrian Raines. This is yet another game where the choices you make effect every aspect of the game.

Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty. While there are many things I love about the game, there’s also a major downside. I absolutely hate the fact that most of the time, when you have to make the best decision, you have to use gems in order to do it. And when you’re running low on gems, you have to buy more and if you don’t have the funds, you’re forced to make a decision that’s not so great, which in turn, negatively impacts your story. That’s a real thorn in my side.

Overall, it’s a great game and if you’ve got some time on the weekend, this is a great way to unwind with a ‘book.’ The best part about that is, you choose the story and how it ends is up to you.

Release Date: August 17, 2016
Developer: Pixelberry Studios
Books’ Genres: Romance, Fantasy,
Mystery, Horror, Sci-Fi
Number Of Series:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lace Diaries - Entry Four - by JeDonna Mathis

KING 810: Sex, Gunn, & Rock 'N Roll; An Interview with David Gunn