Friction Game Review: Dead by Daylight (Haddonfield Chapter) - by Ericca M.


What’s up game fans? I’m back with another edition of our Friction Game Review. I was excited to do this review this month not only because I finally played a game that I’d set out to play for a while but because this is the first anniversary of Friction Magazine! It’s totally dope and we hope you readers stick around for issues to come.

Now let’s get back to it. Recently, I finally got a chance to play The Halloween Chapter of ‘Dead by Daylight’ on the Haddonfield Map. And just as I expected, playing as Michael Myers is absolutely lit! This is the game I’ve been searching my entire life for, as I’m a huge fan of the Halloween series.

In true Michael Myers fashion, you get to walk around and stalker unsuspecting fuckers, catch them, slash them and of course, by Dead by Daylight standards, you can hang them up on hooks and let them die slow and painfully. Pretty sick, right?

What I like the most about the game is that you can play Mikey in first person, which is really cool. He also has several ‘perks’ like tagging victims as obsessions. Once he does that, the victim or victims are pretty much done for since his chances of catching them are increased. What’s really dope about this perk is that once he kills the ‘obsession’, the other victims are weakened, which makes it easier for you to complete this massacre.

The game also features everybody’s favorite ‘last girl, horror surviving, killer stabbing, bad ass bitch’ Laurie Strode. She’s also a playable character with benefits since she’s indeed Michael’s most precious obsession. I honestly loved playing her character because I felt a fear that I can’t even describe as I controlled the character. The music only made that feeling intensify. It’s like, holy shit, once you hear the music, you know he’s coming and that you’re probably fucked. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Now you know I can’t do a review without pointing out some negatives here. If I’m being completely honest, the graphics aren’t all that great. I feel like the creators could’ve done a better job seeing as it isn’t 2006, this was 2016. The graphics alone make you feel like you’re playing Hitman on the PS2 or something. We’ve come way too far for y’all to back track now and the trailers for the game look way too dope for the graphics in the actual gameplay to suck donkey nuts.

Overall, this was a great experience. I laughed, I cried, I celebrated...just joking I didn’t cry, but the other two, for sure. It’s definitely one of those games that I plan to play in front of my wife, sisters or my sister in laws just to scare the be-jesus out of them. I do recommend it for horror fans and even though the graphics aren’t the best, that can be overlooked because the gaming experience was awesome.


   
 Released: Aug 25, 2017 (PS4)
 Developer: Behaviour Interactive
 Designer: Dave Richard
 Engine: Unreal Engine
 Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One,   
 Microsoft Windows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lace Diaries - Entry Four - by JeDonna Mathis

KING 810: Sex, Gunn, & Rock 'N Roll; An Interview with David Gunn