Michigan Foodie - June 2017 - by Ben Horner

As a former Chef, food is very important to me. They say the fastest way to a mans heart is thru his stomach, and for me that is most definitely true. This month my partner and I checked out the eats at The Coliseum, on good old 8 mile in Detroit.

The Coliseum has an energy that pulses creating a true high class club atmosphere. The menu is filled with a wide variety of mouth watering classics, and reminds me of country club fare. There cigar menu is the most extensive I’ve seen yet, and the bartenders know how to pour.


We started with the bruschetta and tomato basil soup. Both were excellent, however the my buddy is 100% Italian and he insists the bruschetta was over cooked. But we both agreed the tomatoes basil relish was spot on. The house cabernet paired nicely with my grilled succulent lamb chops which happened to be on special for $17. 8 ounces center-cut filet served with a unique loaded mashed and fresh sautéed garlicky green beans. Both dishes where cooked properly. We finished our meal with the homemade tiramisu, which the lovely ladies helped us to finish. For the value, the food at the Coliseum was both satisfying and impressive for a gentleman’s night out.



Rating: 4.5/5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lace Diaries - Entry Four - by JeDonna Mathis

KING 810: Sex, Gunn, & Rock 'N Roll; An Interview with David Gunn